Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cold Brewed Iced Green Tea



This is my new go-to drink instead of pop. It is surprisingly refreshing and tasty.

Ingredients:
  • 2 quarts water
  • 4 tea bags (green tea)
  • 4 slices of lemon
  • 4 scoops of stevia
  1. Pour water into a 2 quart container with a lid (I re-use a Simply Orange OJ bottle)
  2. Add stevia to the water; close and shake to dissolve stevia
  3. Add tea bags and lemon slices
  4. Place container into the fridge 8 hrs or overnight (I have left it a day and a half and it doesn't seem to hurt anything)
Thoughts: I keep this in the fridge at all times by rotating two containers. Sometimes I add a another bag of fruit tea from the Celestial Seasoning Sampler. The raspberry is crazy good. I have managed to give up pop by drinking coffee in the morning, and this tea with lunch and dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment