- Brewed 12 oz of whatever coffee my mom left in my cabinet (Folger's or Dunkin' Donuts??)
- Measured a scoop of Stevia but added just a sprinkle; tasted it and wasn't offended so I added the whole scoop
- Tasted coffee again and it was perfectly sweetened with no bitter aftertaste! Amazon reviewers were right!
- Added 1 tsp of Hershey's cocoa powder (unsweetened). Not enough chocolaty taste so added another. Good flavor, but a little bitter
- Added 1 T of heavy cream (yeah I should buy something less fattening, but it was what I had); happy with taste so far
- Added a hefty dash of cinnamon, a squirt of lowfat Redi Whip and a sprinkle of cinnamon for looks. Lovely.
Ingedients & Calories:
- Coffee (12 oz) 8 cal
- Stevia (1 scoop) 0 cal
- Hershey Cocoa Powder (2 tsp) 7 cal
- Heavy Cream (1 T) 50 cal
- Cinnamon (dash) 0 cal
- Redi Whip Fat Free (2 T) 5 cal
- Squeezed 1 lemon, 1 lime, and 1 tangerine (I am out of oranges); resulted in about 1/2 cup juice
- Added 3 cups of water (reduced proportions from this Citrus Lemonade recipe from Allrecipes.com)
- Added Stevia
- After 1 scoop: Drink still very sour, Stevia clumped when I dumped it in. Smashed bits with fingers and then it seemed okay.
- After 2 scoops: Tasted better, poured Stevia slowly while stirring and no clumps
- After 3 scoops: Much better, might be okay for some
- After 4 scoops: Yum. Much better than expected. Probably wouldn't know the difference if I hadn't made it myself.
Thoughts: Pleased again. I might have tasted a slight aftertaste, but I think it was in my head because I believe I should with an alternative sweetener and I have a cold. I'll see what my husband, Jeff, thinks. I would make this again with no changes. Maybe increase the proportions to make 2 quarts or a gallon.
PS Jeff liked it. He was impressed. He was NOT impressed with my 1st attempts with other brands of Stevia so that says something.